Sunday 7 February 2016

Super Bowl Commercials 2016

50 Super Bowl commercials
50 Super Bowl

 

Super Bowl Commercials 2016






Today is the biggest day of the year for sports in America, it is the Super Bowl final. I like the sport, I usually see some games but I am not a fanatic (yet). However this post is about one of the most famous things about this event, the commercials.

I saw the majority of them and I must say that with probably one or two exceptions, this year the commercials are very poor. I noticed one pattern and I don't know if you agree, but this year I noticed a bigger concern by the brands to a call to action, the commercial of the Colgate and Budweiser are perfect examples of that.

Let's now talk about my favourite commercials and I am going try to explain why they are my favourites, which it's not always an easy task.

1- Axe
This year my favourite commercial is from Axe, it's everything what a commercial should have. A clear message, well paced, excellent video, excellent audio and of course a clear message: "you have all you need, you just have to make the best of it", simple but at the same time very powerful.

 

2- Hyundai
To me one of the classic moves on Super Bowl, original, well-played, clear message and funny! This is a short story about a super protective father during his daughter date. The way that the commercial promotes the new feature in the car is very well done too. Kevin Hart funny as usual.


3- Mini
What I really like in this commercial, more than the clear message it's the way how they connect at the same time a powerful message to the audience and to the identity of the brand, it's so well done and it's not an easy task at all. I have a flair to originality, messages that somehow are related to that they have my attention, however in my opinion mini absolutely nail in this one.

 

4- Colgate and Budweiser.
Both this year choose a social message, a wake up call. In terms of tv commercial, Colgate to me was better, but I have to give props to the Budweiser campaign of a dollar to fight against drunk drivers.





Let's see what's going on in 2017!