Tuesday 29 December 2015

My List of Concerts in 2006

cartaz vilar mouros 2006
Cartaz Vilar Mouros 2006


Pearl Jam, the best year of my life & More...


Sometimes you need a change, there are some moments in you life when you need to reinvent yourself. 2006 was that year and probably the best year of my life, it will be very difficult to have another year so good as 2006. This introduction is important because I met in 2006 80% of my most close friends to date, my girlfriend included and that factor led me to make many trips and discover a lot of new music, people, places and festivals.

Bilhete jack johnson portugal 2006
My ticket Jack Johnson 2006
First things first. I started this revolution somewhere in January or February and in fact Jack Johnson was one of the artists that was on loop in my playlists at that time, I still like it a lot but at that time was a non stop. Lucky me, he was performing a concert in March in Lisbon and me and my cousin went to Lisbon to see him. It was a very good concert, my only complain is that he invited two bands to opening and that makes the all experience maybe too long, too many hours standing. But overall it was an extremely good concert, and again, lucky me, it was the tour of my favourite album. He has a very good vibe and I recommend a concert of him almost to everybody.

enterro aveiro 2006
Cartaz Enterro Aveiro 2006


Full of good vibrations, fully committed to my surfing and with my new experiences, in April I met my front door neighbour’s (4 girls) we were 4 boys and we create a bond that I truly believe it will last for all our lives. It was in April that “2nd Floor” born and it was in this month that our academic party took place, semana do enterro de 2006. To resume, everything was perfect. Imagine the best week of your life and that’s it. Probably someday I will make a post only about this year or week, it’s highly possible. In May I know that I went to Viseu one night to see some Djs and I think that I went one night to Porto or Coimbra too, but I’m not 100% sure. During this entire year the weather was so incredible, I have a lot of photos from 2006 and we were always with shorts and t-shirts, we made a lot of beach parties, just remembered it makes me wanna cry (but because I can't come back).



bilhete vilar mouros 2006
My Ticket Vilar Mouros 2006
A few more months and it was summer, time for music festivals and parties. Let’s start with Vilar de Mouros, 35 years, 35 bands, 35 euros. Yes, this was a bargain so let’s go there. Well, it turned out to be the most weird festival of all my life, for many reasons. The conditions were very poor, a lot of mosquitoes and with a lot of heat. The highlight: Iggy pop.

andanças 2006
Cartaz Andanças 2006




My girlfriend lives on Sao Pedro do Sul, in there took place maybe the most beautiful and peaceful festival where I ever been, Andanças. Alternative music, alternative people, alternative concept but everything worked very well together. I feel myself real lucky to have lived that experience, believe me. Without a doubt that sometimes to live the most beautiful experiences of your life you just have to be in the right place, in the right time with the right mood. 


bilhete sagres surf fest 2006
My Ticket Sagres Surf Fest 2006
Talking about those three factors above, I heard on the radio that one week later will happen a new festival in Sagres about reggae with a list of bands really good. I couldn’t miss that opportunity and I took my girlfriend with me. Another incredible good experience. Perfect weather, sagres is insanely beautiful, good company, good music, absolutely nothing to complain about it. Highlights: almost every band, really. Big surprise in a good way: Xavier Rudd. What an excellent gig he gave us, marvellous. With him we learnt to: “Always keep your eyes in the horizon”, those words will stay in my mind until the rest of my days.


bilhete pearl jam 2006 portugal
My Ticket Pearl Jam 2006
Yes the year had been perfect so far, the best ever and when you think that nothing even better could happen in September your favourite band of all time comes to your country to perform a sold out concert for which you had a ticket, of course: Pearl Jam! Again I have the luck to go saw them with almost the same guys I went see The Doors. I think that this was the best concert of my life, Pearl Jam are insanely good on a stage and there are a real connection between them and the crowd and everybody knows that, they take this relationship very seriously and the magic just happens. The energy it’s so strange, you just feel it, you really can feel the excitement around you, in the air, its magical! This concert was release on a bootleg and in YouTube so I invite you to listening it. I promised to myself, I will never lose a concert of them in Portugal! 

olive tree dance live portugal
Olive Tree Dance 2006

In december in my home town I went see a concert of a very talented young boy “Olive Tree Dance” performing a show in my hometown. I discover him on Andanças and he is really good.

Everybody should have at least one year like my 2006 in their lives, I really feel blessed to have had mine.

Some tracks from Pearl Jam concert 5/6/2006 here: enjoy!!!!