Tuesday 29 December 2015

My List of Concerts in 2007

cartaz enterro aveiro 2007
Enterro Aveiro 2007

Dave Matthews Band, Alive & More...

It was 2007, it’s April and it was time to celebrate the first year of 2nd Floor. Another “semana do enterro”, so let’s celebrate! Our house had more parties than ever and thankfully our crew was huge because this year the line up bands were awful. Beer Beer Beer.

Cartaz creamfields 2007
Cartaz Creamfields 2007


My birthday is March 26, for coincidence happened a party on that day in the university bar and I met Rui Estevão, a guy from a nationwide radio in Portugal. He offered me two tickets for Creamfields and I went the with my friend Monica.


Cream fields ticket portugal 2007
My ticket Creamfields 2007

It was a cool festival because for us it was free, if I had to pay for it I had hate it. Highlights: The prodigy, the reggae stage and the silent club. Only for note, in the whole festival there wasn't any withdraw cash machine and as far as I remember it just had 3 places to eat.


DMB Portugal bilhete 2007
Dave Matthews Band Portugal 2007
A week after I went back to Lisbon this time to see a Monster and the most awaited band in Portugal for their first concert in our country in a completely sold out arena. Dave Matthews Band at Atlantico, Lisbon. This concert is on my top 3. I never saw a drummer in my entire life that only plays one music (he started in the first song and only stopped in the last song of the set list). The crowd was insane, an incredible atmosphere and it was hit after hit, after hit, after hit. My girlfriend passed out during #41 but it only took two songs and we still can hear them. You can find the show in a bootleg too and I recommend it. Such a memorable night, Dave Matthews live is INCREDIBLE!!

Bilhete alive 2007 pearl jam
My ticket Alive 2007 Pearl Jam
In July 2007 was born the festival that until today is the best festival in Portugal, Optimus ALIVE (Now: NOS ALIVE). Of course that this is a personal opinion, but check the line up bands since 2007 until today and draw your own conclusions. I like the concept, a festival in the middle of Lisbon, by the sea with an incredible vibe. This is a 3 days event but I never went more than one day. And what band was on the line up in 2007??? Pearl Jam again!!!!!! From Aveiro to Lisbon is more or less 2:30 hours by car, I decided to go at 3pm on that day with a friend of mine, one of the best decisions and experiences of my life. Pearl Jam are always amazing but not so good as 2006, the main reason for this was the fact this is a festival concert and not only them, the vibe isn't exactly the same. Before Pearl Jam, Linked Park took the stage and I was very surprised with there quality, an excellent band to see live.

cartaz andanças 2007
Andanças 2007
cartaz sagres surf fest 2007
Sagres Surf Fest 2007





August, time for more festivals. Andanças and Sagres Surf Fest again. Andanças is more an experience that a festival so not much to talk about it. Sagres was great again and the highlights were almost every band, maybe the biggest surprises to me were Mad Caddies and Dub Inc. (I have no idea why I don’t have this ticket).




bilhete xavier rudd porto 2007
My ticket Xavier Rudd Porto 2007


September, I won a free ticket to see Xavier Rudd in Porto. I went to this concert completely alone, but it was awesome anyway. He is really talented and a superb performer.





bilhete pendulum xmas porto 2007
My ticket Pendulum Porto 2007

December, before christmas eve let’s shake the body and see Pendulum in Oporto in a fantastic drum and bass xmas party. Great atmosphere, nice music, pretty people, everything was great. Pendulum lifted up the roof.