Tuesday 29 December 2015

My List of Concerts in 2012

cartaz enterro aveiro 2012
Cartaz Enterro Aveiro 2012

Radiohead, The Worst Moment of my Life & More...


2012….the year, the roller coaster year…
…but I will start as usual when the live concerts begin and when everything still was well. I managed an internship in the best hotel of the town, I worked near of my flat and in general everything went ok.


It is April, I was in Aveiro so let’s go to another “Semana do Enterro”. As far as I remember it, I only went one night to see Gentleman. He is an excellent performer and I enjoyed a lot this concert.

bilhete alive 2012
My ticket Alive 2012 Radiohead
It is July and my country is invaded with bands from all over the world. That year in Alive Fest Radiohead were in the Line up!!! Finally I am going to see them live. They gave an excellent show, they were excellent, the show was superb and I hope to see them again more times. I think that is easy for who reads this text imagine how good they are. 9 out of 10!! I also enjoyed the Kooks, The Kills and Metronomy.
cartaz FMM 2012
FMM Sines 2012



In that year I went for the first time to “Musicas do Mundo” in Sines. It is similar to “Andanças” but in the beach. I like the atmosphere of those festivals, you feel that you can talk with everyone and that’s cool. Probably you will not know any band, but I almost guarantee you that you will dance all night. Awesome festival!


cartaz sw 2012
Cartaz SW 2012


A friend of mine had to work in Sudoeste and he offered me and a friend of mine tickets to Sudoeste. We went there only two days, I saw Eddie Vedder and The Roots. If it is true that Pearl Jam are my favourite band, for Eddie Vedder alone I had low expectations. “A giant stage, only one guy with a ukulele… hum, I don’t know!”. Well, how wrong I was… it was in that concert that I truly understood how gifted it is! I really liked that concert, it was in fact really good. My expectations were all deposited in the next guys, The Roots. You just can’t imagine how scary the first 15, 20m were. It’s hard to explain but the musics felt strange and I was starting to think: “ok, this will be a deception”. BUT, thankfully that all changed after that time and they perform an amazing and excellent concert. As I expected, they are really good, full of groove and they are very talented musicians.


Between that Sudoeste Festival and my next concert that I will introduce next, so many important things happened, some extremely good, the other was the worst moment of my life so far. Let’s start with the good. Still in August I went in my first road trip in a Camper-van to Ericeira, I caught perfect waves during those days. In September I started my master degree and got a new job.
… so in October I received a phone call, my father had a heart attack and since that call I've only been with him for another week.. Shit happens and life isn’t fair, that’s it! 

bilhete ornatos violeta 2012
My Ticket Ornatos Violeta Porto 2012


Accepting that, it was time to move on and celebrate his life with more music, this time in our language and with a band that is a legend for my generation: “Ornatos Violeta”. It was an epic concert and I can say that was the best concert that I saw by a Portuguese band.



bilhete black keys 2012
My ticket the Black Keys Lisboa 2012

One month later, I went to Lisbon to see The Black Keys. I enjoyed because I love their musics, but to be honest they suck on stage. Lack of energy, low interaction, the vibe didn't reached me at all! Sometimes this happen, they are great on studio and not so great on stage. Life goes on…