Wednesday 30 December 2015

Charlie Rose’s Interview With George Lucas

Charlie Rose’s Interview With George Lucas
See the full interview inside

Charlie Rose’s New 55-Minute Interview With George Lucas!!


Charlie Rose interviewed George Lucas and they talked about his career and the new Star Wars movie: The Force Awakens. George discussed some interesting topics, one of them is the fact that Academy don't Give Awards To Popular Films!!’ (he never won a oscar).

He also refers that he Sold Star Wars to 'the White Slavers': "They wanted to do a retro movie," he said. "I don't like that. Every movie, I worked very hard to make them different, make them completely different with different planets, different spaceships, to make it new."

I like this particular part of the interview: 

"It really does come down to a simple rule of life, which is when you break up with somebody the first rule is no phone calls. The second rule you don't go over to their house and drive by to see what they're doing. The third one is you don't show up to their coffee shop," Lucas said. "Every time you do something like that you're opening the wound again ... these were my kids. All of the Star Wars films. I loved them. I created them. I was very intimately involved in them. And I sold them to the white slavers that take these things and ..."

I have to agree with Lucas in some topics. I went to see the new Star Wars on it's premiere and despite the fact that the movie is fluid and with plenty of action, I thought that sometimes it was too disney and to similar to episode IV. However, I liked the movie and I truly believe that the next two can save this trilogy. 

Full Interview: